With almost 40,000 burglaries reported across Britain in December 2016 alone, home security has never been more important.
A recent study looked at home insurance claims to discover the neighbourhoods in the UK most at risk of being burgled. Although much of the list is made up of London postcodes, cities outside the capital are also featured, with areas in Leeds, Cambridge and Manchester also getting a mention.
1. Redbridge, Ilford – IG4
2. Whetstone, North London – N20
3. Chadwell Heath, Romford – RM6
4. Hawksworth, Leeds – LS6
5. Clayhall, Ilford – IG5
6. Mortlake, South London – SW14
7. Dulwich, South London – SE21
8. Winchmore Hill, North London – N21
9. Herne Hill, South London – SE24
10. West Norwood, South London – SE27
11. Muswell Hill, North London – N10
12. Fern Ditton, Cambridge – CB5
13. Greenford, West London – UB5
14. West Wickham, Bromley – BR4
15. Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester – M21
16. Gants Hill, Ilford – IG2
17. Fearnville, Leeds – LS8
18. New Southgate, North London – N11
19. Barkingside, Ilford – IG6
20. Sydenham, South London – SE26
Is Your Hometown One of the Most at Risk?
Protect your house, and form a Ring of Security around your home with the Ring Video Doorbell, just like Krishnan did. His Ring detected motion outside his house in North West London in the middle of the night, so Ring sent a real-time notification to his phone.
He woke to find these two men trying to break in through this front door, but luckily, he was able to scare them off before they got inside and hand the footage to police, all thanks to Ring:
*Analysis based on 1.84m quotes run on Moneysupermarket, January 2015 to December 2016 inclusive.