Freelance | Technical Content Manager EuropeJob ID: |
Amsterdam, The Netherlands | E-commerce | Full-time
Ring is looking for a technical content manager, who will be responsible for localising and maintaining technical support content for Ring Europe (support.ring.com).
This role will work with multiple stakeholders to gain technical knowledge into the Ring product lineup and develop high quality, compelling and easy-to-understand content for users across Europe. Amongst other tasks, you will liaise with international stakeholders within the global Ring content team, and ensure that all support material is localised for the European market, and delivered in line with customer needs.
The successful candidate will act as a project manager to ensure that content is relevant, educational and correctly translated into various European languages. You will develop and manage the process from end to end, from content development to upload using internal systems.
This position is based in Amsterdam.
- Work with the customer support team to understand and determine the needs of our customers, and craft new user content accordingly
- Optimise existing content for an international audience
- Work with product teams to design clear, concise user instructions that communicate technical information simply to a wide audience
- Ensure all localised help centre deadlines are met and work with multiple stakeholders to prioritise content items
- Work with the content team to identify visuals that increase users’ understanding of Ring products and services
- 2+ years of experience communicating and collaborating with teams including engineering, editors, illustrators, and management; ability to adapt to the changing needs of customers and stakeholders; a real team player
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills by a native English speaker
- Experience in reading and understanding technical text and drawings, such as appliance installation manuals
- Customer obsession: Ability to think like a non-technical user and understand the potential technical challenges that affect the overall user experience; must be able to think about a procedure or product and translate it into simple, easy-to-understand content
- Internal stakeholder management; be comfortable working with and building relationships across different teams
- Experience with Zendesk backend and HTML is preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools is preferred
- Experience with creating content for web personalisation
- Ability to work under deadlines and deliver results, to think innovatively, creatively and strategically, to multitask and change course if necessary, to achieve desired results
- Dutch and/or German is a strong plus
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND US YOUR CV TO WEB.REQUESTS.EU@RING.COM
Ring's mission is to make neighbourhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line enables Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two neighborhoods in Newark, New Jersey (USA) saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.